Friday 7 July 2017

Baggage Check


I was standing next to a baggage trolley at the airport when the person next to me asked where my baggage was.

"I left it behind," I told them.

Before I could even whistle Dixie, they were pointing out the customer service desk and trying to take my photo for their social media feed.

"The thing is," I said, "you don't need to bring your social baggage with you."

The lists, the timesheets, the twenty requests from the kids and their tennis coach, the password for your cat's Instagram account, can all be left at home.

Surely the point of travelling is to find new things along the way? Where would these go if you were already overloaded?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Osoyoos or Chilliwack?

In Australia we have Wagga Wagga and Woolloommooloo, but the last few days we've been checking out places with first nations connection...